The performance of sustainable building systems such as Atlas Concorde ventilated facades directly depends on the installation and regular maintenance of the system.
Therefore, Atlas Concorde recommends to:
• Use medium-large size ceramic tiles in rectified porcelain stoneware which allow for excellent aesthetic results associated with resistance and functionality;
• Use ceramic tiles in light and bright colours, preferably with a glossy surface finish to increase the reflection power of the surface and the reduction of solar irradiation;
• Despite the great mechanical resistance of Atlas Concorde porcelain stoneware, for safety reasons we recommend applying a fiberglass protection net to the back of the tiles to prevent the fall of fragments in the case of accidental breakage of tiles;
• Entrust Atlas Concorde and its partners for:
– Project-planning and static calculations;
– Supply of the support structure;
– Installation of support structure and ceramic covering.